Michael Stok's Note:
Wonderful, lighter, flavorful, family-friendly, easy recipe. I "stole" this recipe from Liz Papa. This recipe has stood the test of time, and I have modified it (modifications listed after ingredient) to decrease the preparation time, and lessen the fat/calories, while not sacrificing any flavor! It is a family and friend favorite! I usually double this recipe. Freezes and re-heats perfectly! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I ALWAYS substitute with 2 9oz. boxes of Tyson Time Trimmers Southwestern Chicken Breasts Strips, re)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 10 fat free tortillas (I use Buena Vida brand)
- 2 cups low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese (I use Sargento's Light 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring soup, milk, scallions and pepper to boil.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add green chilies and sour cream and set aside.
- 5In a 9x13 pan, spray lightly with fat free oil (like Pam), pour enough of the soup mixture into the pan to cover the bottom.
- 6Set remaining soup mixture aside.
- 7Take one tortilla, spread chicken and a small amount of cheese down the middle.
- 8Roll and place into pan.
- 9Repeat until tortillas are gone.
- 10Pour rest of soup mixture over the top of the tortillas and spread any remaining cheese over the top.
- 11Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cream of chicken soup
fat free tortillas
low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese