Recipe by terriers2
My kids use to ask me to make these enchiladas on a weekly basis. It is a recipe I created so some of the measurements are not exact, and for that I apologize. I do think you cooks can figure out the simple things that are left to chance. These are so easy and super good. I have tried using FF sour cream, and I don't think they turns out quite as yummy but still good. I hope your families will love them as much as mine have over the years. Make your own changes to suit your taste. Enjoy!
- 3 -4 cooked chicken breasts (boneless, skinless and either shredded or cubed to your liking)
- 12 -24 small corn tortillas (depending on how much of the sauce and chicken you have)
- 2 cups water (or use chicken stock that is already prepared )
- chicken bouillon (sorry I do not know the exact, I just know I like mine pretty strong)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream (divided)
- cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese (I use a mixture of both cheeses )
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken breast so they are nice and moist. ( I put them in chicken stock and slowly boil them until they are no longer pink in the center. ) While the chicken is cooking, use a large saucepan to mix 2°C water with the bouillon, or you can use chicken stock. Add 1 can green chilies. Over medium heat bring to a boil. Remove about 1/2°C of the mixture and add a bit of cornstarch to thicken. Whisk the daylights out of this so you don't get lumps! Slowly add the hot liquid to the thickened mixture, stirring constantly. Let this mixture cool just a bit and then add 1/2 carton of the sour cream. Stir well. Make sure you reserve enough of the sauce to pour over the top the enchiladas before baking.
- Spray 9 X 13 pan with non stick spray. Holding the tortilla over the pan spoon several tablespoons of the sauce on the tortilla. Add some of the cooked chicken and top with cheese. Roll tortilla and place in pan. Place as many tortillas in the pan as you have ingredients for and will fit. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes, and then take off the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly and a bit golden.