Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We use this dipping sauce for Beef Fondue or prime rib. It has lots of flavor and I like that the horseradish isn't too over powering.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (I use fat free.)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 whole green onion (green and white parts finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
I made this to go with the Christmas prime rib. Instead of using sour cream, I used labneh, which is a middle eastern plain yogurt. In this recipe it was perfect. I made it the night before and chilled it. It was very creamy and everyone loved it with the prime rib. The only change I might make the next time is to use less salt, as a personal preference. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
Very good sauce on the prime rib that I cooked. I did not add the green onion as I did not have any, added about an extra teaspoon of horseradish. Will make again for roast beef or as mentioned fish or crab cakes
Very tasty addition to the beef tenderloin we prepared (whole beef tenderloin recipe from this site). I did not add in the green onions, and I did add a little more horseradish, based on our personal preference.