Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Total comfort food. I made this once a week while raising my 4 daughters. Now they make it for their children.
- 680.38 g hamburger, divide in 5 patties
- 2 (566.99 g) can condensed vegetable beef soup
- 396.89 g can tomatoes, Diced
- 118.29 ml small onion, diced
- 709.77 ml mashed potatoes
- Brown burgers in a frying pan. Remove burgers to plate; drain excess fat, but leave enough to sauté onion.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Add soup and bring to a low boil. Do Not add any water.
- Return burgers to soup mixture and simmer about 30 to 60 minutes covered. Stir once every few minutes so they don't burn.
- Place burgers on a plate next to a dollop of potatoes and cover both with sauce and enjoy.