Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Yummy potatoes in no time. Great for potlucks and get togethers. Submitted for World Tour Canadian and SW US catagories- based on a recipe that was found in a community cookbook from MN/Canadian border and modified to fit my TX family's tastes. DH is a salt fiend so please adjust the salt to your preference.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
My DH never gives anyone a 5, but he said it was a 4.5 and he ate them for dinner AND dessert. So this is a 5 star plus!!! I made this with a crockpot, cooked on high 3 hrs and low for 1 hr. Used cubed Velveeta in place of the cheddar. Since I cooked it in the crockpot, I added an extra 1/4 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of half and half. Not sure if it really needed either to be honest! Thanks! Made for ZWT4 Canadian Crockpot Challenge.
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns, o'briens are good
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, pre-shredded
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs