Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy Japanese Cooking by Emi Kazuko. Uyeno loved this.
Make and share this Soup Ramen With Shredded Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces dried ramen noodles
- 12 ounces beef sirloin, half frozen to make slicing easier
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons shoyu, plus
- 1 tablespoon shoyu, for stir-frying
- 1 bok choy, trimmed and thinly shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, drained and thinly sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the ramen noodles following the directions onthe package, then drain. Ringse the noodles to remove the starch, then drain in a fine-mesh colander and set aside.
- Cut the beef into thin strips and leave to thaw completely while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan, add the ginger and garlic, and simmer gently over medium heat 10 minutes. Remove the flavorings using a slotted spoon and discard. Season the broth with the sake, shoyu and salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat.
- Stir-fry the bok choy in 1 T. of the oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the shiitake and beef over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes until the meat turns pale. Season with 1 T. of the shoyu and salt and pepper and remove fromthe heat.
- Pour boiling water over the cooked noodles to warm them, then drain them and divide between 4 bowls. Spoon the soup over the noodles and top with the beef, shiitake, and bok choy. Serve hot.