Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy Japanese Cooking by Emi Kazuko. Uyeno loved this.
Make and share this Soup Ramen With Shredded Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces dried ramen noodles
- 12 ounces beef sirloin, half frozen to make slicing easier
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons shoyu, plus
- 1 tablespoon shoyu, for stir-frying
- 1 bok choy, trimmed and thinly shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, drained and thinly sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the ramen noodles following the directions onthe package, then drain. Ringse the noodles to remove the starch, then drain in a fine-mesh colander and set aside.
- Cut the beef into thin strips and leave to thaw completely while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan, add the ginger and garlic, and simmer gently over medium heat 10 minutes. Remove the flavorings using a slotted spoon and discard. Season the broth with the sake, shoyu and salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat.
- Stir-fry the bok choy in 1 T. of the oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the shiitake and beef over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes until the meat turns pale. Season with 1 T. of the shoyu and salt and pepper and remove fromthe heat.
- Pour boiling water over the cooked noodles to warm them, then drain them and divide between 4 bowls. Spoon the soup over the noodles and top with the beef, shiitake, and bok choy. Serve hot.