Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is from a 1975 Rival cookbook. It would freeze well, I think. A pinch each of the basil and oregano.
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In skillet, brown sliced sausage. Drain well.
- Combine lentils and sausage in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.