Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Marinates overnight. Made in a slow-cooker.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar or 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 lbs pork spareribs (also could use country-style ribs) or 4 lbs baby back ribs, cut into serving pieces of 3 to 4 ribs each (also could use country-style ribs)
- In a large deep bowl, combiner the reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, and the next 6 ingredients; add the ribs.
- Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grease the slow cooker with oil and add the ribs and marinade.
- If you have a round cooker, stack the ribs, alternating them with the reserved pineapple chunks.
- If you have an oval cooker, put the ribs in the crock and scatter the pineapple around the ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until tender and the meat starts to separate from the bone.
- Serve immediately.
I tried this yesterday, and the family just raved on and on about the flavors! Many thanks for posting!!!
Wonderful recipe...the flavors were phenomenal. My meat-eaters LOVED this, and for a dish that tasted so complex, it was SO easy. I followed the recipe exactly (using pork spareribs) and it turned out perfectly.