Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Fine Arts Cookbook
- 16 slices buttered white bread, with
- 8 slices swiss cheese (bread sized)
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 ounces white crab meat, shredded (1 can, fairly expensive so there are chunks)
- parmesan cheese
- Butter a large shallow baking dish.
- In it place half the buttered bread slices (crusts removed).
- Lay cheese slices on bread and sprinkle crabmeat on cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt in mixer bowel while you lay remaining 8 slices of bread (crusts removed) on top of crabmeat.
- Pour beaten egg mixture over all.
- Top with Parmesan cheese generously.
- Cover and referigerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Bake uncovered 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Cut carefully and remove with spatula to serve.