Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Golden soup is actually a Portuguese dessert served during the Christmas season in Portugal. This recipe is from "The Taste of Portugal" a great Portuguese cookbook by Edite Vieira.
- Mix the sugar with the water and bring to the boil to make a thick syrup (225 to 230F/105 to 110C).
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, dip each slice of cake into the syrup, and place them on a large serving dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and mix them with the remaining syrup.
- Bring to heat for one moment and stir, only to thicken, without allowing the yolks to curdle.
- Pour this custard over the slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve cold.
it's ight not the best