1/1 Photo of Sopa De Fideo Con Pollo ( Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup)
This Fideo Soup With Chicken, made with a recipe from America's Restaurant in Harlingen, can be served as a soup or stew depending on the amount of broth used. America Rangel uses one or two chicken pieces per serving, and serves this with warm corn tortillas and refried beans. Courtesy of Eagle News Services via our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cut into parts
- bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes dry fideo noodles (pieces about 1 1/4 inch long) or 2 (10 ounce) boxes broken dry vermicelli (pieces about 1 1/4 inch long)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (just enough for some color and flavor)
- cilantro (optional) or jalapeno, for seasoning and color, to garnish (optional)
- 1Combine first five ingredients in a large stockpot with enough water to cover; boil until done, about 30 minutes.
- 2Drain and reserve broth.
- 3While the chicken is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 4Sauté the fideo in oil a few minutes until lightly browned over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and bell pepper pieces and cook until onion is translucent.
- 6Add cooked vegetables and noodles to the cooked chicken pieces.
- 7Pour in some broth and tomato sauce, enough to cover everything (just a little for thicker stews, more for thinner soups), then cover and simmer until noodles are cooked through.
- 8Finish with more seasonings (cumin, salt, garlic, to taste).
- 9Can be garnished with cilantro and/or jalapeño.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Fideo Con Pollo ( Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g