1/2 Photos of Sommer's Chicken Spaghetti
About a month ago I was stranded at the end of the month with very little in the pantry and no money so I scrounged up this recipe with leftovers and bits and pieces I could find. I haven't found a recipe quite the same as this one on Zaar as of yet. I am hoping that I can remember how I made it. I think it turned out really well and am annoyed with myself that I forgot to post it right away. My bf also enjoyed it. This would serve 1 to 2. Everything is an estimate. Hope you find this recipe's simplicity satisfying as well as tasty. Also, feel free to add additional veggies like chopped onions, green pepper, celery, carrots etc., just adjust cooking time as necessary. My pantry and fridge were really bare so I had no yummy veggies to add at the time I made this. FYI Zaar is having difficulty recognizing the ingredients as I listed, so sorry for any confusion on the nutrition facts. It took me 3 tries for Zaar to recognize 'beonless, skinless chicken breast' so I had to reword it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pices (I used 1 large boneless, skinless breast)
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Mushroom Supreme and all I had was 1/2 of a 1 lb 9.75 oz jar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic (equivalent to 3 garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- water, for boiling spaghetti
- salt, to taste
- spaghetti or favorite pasta
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- 2Add chicken pieces and garlic and saute on medium-high to infuse garlic into the oil and until chicken is no longer pink. Do NOT drain.
- 3Dump in the half jar of spaghetti sauce over the chicken and olive oil/garlic. Stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and cover and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 4While spaghetti sauce is simmering, prepare your favorite pasta. I used thin spaghetti. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a bit of salt, add pasta and return to a boil, stirring occasionally until al dente, or preferred tenderness.
- 5After pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain. Serve spaghetti sauce over hot, cooked spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sommer's Chicken Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1082.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 27.8 g