Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am hunting for THE perfect pancake recipe. I'm not sure if these are them, as I got the recipe from a friend, but I intend to try them. This serves as Pancake Trial 1. Note: For extra fluffy pancakes, separate the egg and whip the white until soft peaks form.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan. When surface is hot, spray with cooking spray and ladle batter into griddle/pan.
- Flip pancakes when the top has bubbles and a half-inch of the edge looks dry.