Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice quick stew with my favorite seafood ( crabmeat). Good flavors and very healthy too. I usually just use parsley instead of the cilantro here,but the orignial recipe calls for cilantro. This is from The Lands of Figs and Olives by Habeeb Salloum and James Peters.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute onion, garlic, coriander, salt, ginger, pepper and cumin.
- Saute until the onion is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add crab and saute over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
This is quick and easy, and it is flavorful. My husband, however, thought the crabmeat could be put to better use. We did enjoy it, though. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT Dinner and a Movie challenge Part 2 for Witchin Kitchen.