Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I indulge my seafood taste alone when my husband has a late meeting or event. He will *not* eat seafood (canned tuna hiding in cheese sauce or the finest, freshest and mildest of real seafood) I keep shrimp, scallops, and other fishy food in baggies in the freezer - they can be quickly thawed under cold water when needed. This recipe is hugely flexible. --onion, bell pepper and mushrooms with oregano on pasta (topped with parmesan) for an Italian dish; --include black olives, serve w/rice & top with feta for a Greek flavor --zucchini and some frozen corn, cilantro, chili powder and wrap in a flour tortilla w/jack cheese for a Southwest flair. Do your own creative things with curry powder or fresh parsley, dill or basil.
- 3 -4 ounces mixed shrimp or 3 -4 ounces scallops or 3 -4 ounces bite size ruffy tilapia fillets (or whatever)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh vegetables (onion, bell pepper, celery, black olives zucchini, mushrooms - whatever)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup broth
- salt and pepper
- other seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated/shredded parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons feta or 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese or 2 tablespoons other cheese (optional)
- Saute garlic and fresh veggies in olive oil until transparent.
- Add tomato, wine/water/broth, and seasonings.
- Cook until it becomes a bit saucy (but not so long that veggies get too mushy or loose their shape) Toss in seafood and cook just until done.
- Serve on rice or pasta, wrap in a tortilla, stuff in a pita, or serve in a bowl with a good crusty buttered bread slice on the side.
- (Don't forget the cheese!).
This is great! I make mine with canned shrimp, garlic, green peppers,tomato and onion then use it to top egg noodles. YUMMY