1/1 Photo of Solo Mediterranean Steak Salad
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
This one dish meal, served with a starch would make a dinner for one, or a light lunch for two. If Beef Chuck Boneless Eye Steak is not available, Sirloin would be my second choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small chuck eye steak or 1 small sirloin steak (4 -5 ounce)
- 1/3 cup cooked green beans (canned is just fine)
- 1/3 cup artichoke heart, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup roma tomato, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine (Vermouth is good for this)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1Put green beans, sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and garlic into a shallow pasta bowl.
- 2Cover both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper.
- 3Pour a small amount of the olive oil on the both sides of the steak, and pour the rest on the vegetables.
- 4Place the steak in a hot non-stick (I like Cast Iron) frying pan, and cook 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- 5Remove the steak and allow to rest for 3 minutes, then cut into bite size pieces.
- 6While the steak is resting, add the vermouth to the pan, scrape up the brown bits, and then add the vegetables.
- 7Stir the vegetables until warm, but stop before the tomato gets soft, and then return to the pasta bowl.
- 8Add the steak pieces to the vegetables and top with the feta cheese.
- 9I suggest serving with Solo Hot Potato Wedges, Solo Hot Potato Wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Mediterranean Steak Salad
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chuck eye steak