Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This recipe suggests leftover cooked chicken, however for a more formal presentation, a small boneless chicken breast could be grilled and placed on top of the pasta verdura. I have suggested Zucchini, however any vegetable that can be sliced or diced and heated quickly might be used. Remember That Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion to the pan, and cook until nearly translucent.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, and chicken and continue to heat until the zucchini is limp.
- Mix the pesto and white wine in the serving dish.
- For final presentation, add the pasta to the serving dish, followed by the chicken and vegetables and toss.
- An optional garnish might be parmesan cheese and/or parsley.