Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Cooking is a Creative Sport
Top Review by Chefette2u
Excellent and very tasty! I did change a few things to cut the calories. Used fresh Crimini mushrooms, non-fat sour cream, and only 1 TBS of unsalted butter. Also, I cut the amount of salt by 50%, and it still was great! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (4-6 Ounce)
- 1⁄3 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and mushrooms in butter until the onion is nearly transparent.
- Cut the chicken breast and the bell pepper into thin slices and add along with the nutmeg and salt.
- When the the chicken turns white and the peppers become limp, add the rest of the ingredients and cook over a medium heat until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta.