Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Yahoo Groups. Great Recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon dried blueberries
- 3⁄4 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and a dash of salt.
- With your fingers, crumble in butter and mix until crumbly and well incorporated.
- Stir in blueberries.
- In a separate small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine water, oil, milk and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Grease a small ramekin and form the dough into a ball, lightly press into ramekin.
- Spread top of dough with butter and sprinkle a little extra sugar-- sugar in the raw adds a nice little crunch.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden.
This was a very tasty scone and just the right size! I can't say it was any less work than making a whole batch, but you get to enjoy it out of the oven without any waste. I used golden raisins in place of the blueberries - I think just about any dried fruit would work. Thank you very much!