Recipe by SunshineCooking
A solar cooked version of the Russian egg dish. Please watch how we prepared it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tEcekCJ3w&feature=channel_page
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature (seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste)
- 2 slices bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions in a dark 9 inch round pan.
- Season onions with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine mixture.
- Place butter on top.
- Put pan in solar cooker.
- Solar cook until onions are caramelized (about 3 hours).
- After cooking the onions for 3 hours, crack the eggs over a small bowl and season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Add eggs to the onions (keep yolks intact).
- Continue to solar cook for another 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked or "hard boiled" (about 20 minutes).
- Serve on slices of toasted bread.
- Drizzle olive oil and butter drippings over eggs and toasts.