Recipe by SunshineCooking
A delicous solar cooked pasta dish with roasted tomatoes & onions. Please watch how we prepared it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVRP8dDdjpw&feature=channel_page
To make roasted tomatoes
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced into small wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup solar cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes and onions in a solar cooking pan or pot. Season with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Toss ingredients together.
- Place pan in solar cooker. Solar cook until tomatoes and onions are roasted (about 3 hours).
- Combine tomatoes and onions with pasta.
- Add parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
- Toss all ingredients together. Serve.