I just simply love this recipe. The cookies are no fail. They are soooo good with a cup of mulled cider. I truly hope you enjoy them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and shortening until well mixed, 1-2 minutes.
- 2Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 3Beat in molasses and eggs until smooth, set aside.
- 4In another bowl sift the dry ingredients.
- 5Gradually mix dry into the creamed mixture until dough is blended and smooth. The dough will be sticky.
- 6Refrigerate a half hour to make it easier to handle.
- 7Roll dough into 1" to 1 1/2" balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- 8Place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets.
- 9Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 11 minutes.
- 10Don't overbake!
- 11Cool and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 532.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g