Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are the softest cookies you'll ever eat, they taste like mini cakes, (hence the name) These are a real treat, and I even gave them to my friend for a birthday present, they're elegant!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, shaken well
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, and grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Beat butter with sugar till soft.
- Add powdered sugar, and beat again.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat till smooth.
- Stir together dry ingredients, add alternately to batter with the buttermilk, beginning with and ending with dry ingredients.
- (3 parts dry, 2 parts milk) mix well.
- Drop by round teaspoons, bake 9-10 minutes, edges will be lightly golden.
- Let cool on rack before frosting.
- Mix all ingredients, add milk to right consistancy, I add my favorite food coloring too.
- Frost top of cakes, and enjoy!
they're awesome period.
These turned out very good and were really nice to share with friends'. Thank you for posting!