Recipe by talldoc
Absolutely great. From a Land O Lake's Spring's Best Cookies booklet.
Top Review by illusoryjane
I was just looking for a recipe for a soft lemon cookie. I made the right choice. This has a nice tangy lemon flavor and it's soft and chewy. These cookies made me so happy. I used about 1/2 again as much lemon extract in the cookies as called for and about 1/2 again as much lemon juice in the glaze as called for. It was perfect!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add sour cream, eggs, lemon peel and lemon extract; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to slow; add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.
- Glaze cooled cookies.