Recipe by sodapopperish
this is the best chocolate chip recipe you'll find. i like to take it out still doughy- that's how my family likes it. i have also made it with whole wheat flour and it tasted just as good!!!
Top Review by Chef for the love of sweets
Just made these and am so disappointed. The first batch came out look awful because of the little bit of flour I used on my hands to roll them into balls. After 10 minutes, they were still not done. Had to put them on for another 5 minuts. I let them cool on the pan, and then attempted to take them off the pan. They were stuck all over the pan. They ended up hard. So the next batch, I dropped smaller teaspoonfulls onto the pan instead of rolling and timed them for 8 minutes. Gooey. Put the timer on for another 2 minutes and decided to just follow the directions and not cook more than 10 mins. Gooey in the center. Had to stick them back in. Took them out and let them cool. Crunchy on the outside, undercooked on the inside. :( Soo disappointed I wasted all my ingredients. This recipe makes a crispy/CHEWY cookie. Not a SOFT cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric mixing bowl cream margarine and sugars.
- Then add eggs one at a time- until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on medium speed. Let the mixing bowl continue mixing until well combined- give it a few minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Flour you hands and form small balls. Place those balls on a non-greesed cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350 degrees (F) for 8-12 minutes (no more).