1/1 Photo of Soft Ginger Spice Cookies
If you love the taste of ginger, you'll love these! They are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, with a savory spice of ginger..what? And they're low fat too..Woo hoo!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1/2 cup crystalized candied ginger
- white sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Beat together the molasses, margarine, and brown sugar.
- 3Beat in the applesauce the egg white, and grated ginger root.
- 4Mix the dry ingredients evenly.
- 5Cut the crystallized ginger into smaller pieces, and add as many as you want to the dry mixture.
- 6Stir everything together, being careful not to overstir.
- 7Generously coat each ball of dough with white sugar.
- 8Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Ginger Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: