Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Flaxseeds (also called linseeds) are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3. Flaxseed is a source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber; modern research has found evidence to suggest that flaxseed can also help lower the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, warm
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sprouted wheat flour (or any wheat flour)
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 10-15 minutes until frothy.
- Add the yeast water to the bread machine pan.
- Add in the rest of the remaining ingredients.
- Bake as normal, or according to the instructions that came with the bread machine.
- Can be sliced and frozen to last longer.