Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda, salt and nutmeg until thoroughly blended.
- Add sugar; spoon mixture into a one-quart wide-mouth jar.
- Pack firmly.
- Secure lid and attach these instructions:.
- Blend one large egg, 1 cup butter, and add 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients from jar and chill dough overnight.
- Drop cookies by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or light golden brown.
This is a wonderful recipe!Very light melt-in-the- mouth cookies. I couldn't find the dry butter in the grocery store. I was able to purchase it for $16.95 per pound on Amazon.com. It was pricey but only a little is needed for each recipe, and it is well worth the price. I used cookie stamps to imprint each cookie but a flat bottom glass works as well.
Oops! I forgot to rate!