- 1 3⁄4 cups white syrup
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream (additional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring above ingredients to rolling boil in heavy saucepan
- Then slowly stir in 1 additional cup of whipping cream.
- Continue cooking, stirring often until candy thermometer reads 244 degrees.
- It takes a long time, so be patient as it is worth it.
- Then add nuts (if desired) and vanilla.
- Pour in 8x8 square pan and cool.
- When cool, cut and wrap in wax paper.