Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The baby oil gives this scrub a nice fragrance. If you want you can grind the oats in a coffee grinder.
- 236.59 ml fine salt
- 118.29 ml oats
- 59.14 ml powdered milk
- 59.14 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml baby oil, maybe more
- 5-6 capsules vitamin E (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients, add the baby oil, it should look like wet sand now.
- Decide for yourself if you want the consistency oilier and if you do, add more oil.
- Snip the top off the vitamin capsules and add their contents to the scrub, mix and transfer to a plastic jar.
- When using in the shower make sure you are on a non-slip surface.
i just made this and tried it on my hands. wow, i love this stuff! i used regular baby oil since thats what i had on hand and added a tiny bit of almond and vanilla extract. it smells great! i really wanted to make this now so i could see how it holds up long term, so i could make it for xmas gifts. i will repost after it has had time to set for a while and let you know if it all starts to dissolve or not. ok, i am back to say that it has been a month and a half and this scrub is as good today as it was when i first made it. i was afraid it would break down or something but it has held up wonderfully. and the smell it made by using a little almond and vanilla extract is wondeful. it smells like cookies. thanks for this recipe, i have already made more for xmas gifts.
I used this and enjoyed it very much. I followed the recipe as is and I will make this again.
I LOVE this. I doubled the recipe, and put it in a jar in my shower...now I have it whenever I want it! It makes my skin so soft and smells so nice. Thanks so much for a wonderful INEXPENSIVE treat!