Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is sandwich from my gradschool, USC that I've tweeked to my loving. Not the healthiest, but I can't resist!
- 2 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup carmelized onion
- 1⁄2 avocado
- Cut rolls in half, lengthwise.
- Spread half pesto on one half of a sandwich. Place two slices of guyere on each half. On one side, place 1/4 of an avocado, on the other side, spread half of the onions.
- Close sandwich and place in a pre-heated george forman grill or panini maker until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with other sandwich.
Yummy sandwich! I made some pesto from basil from the garden. Used whole grain bread and enjoyed all the flavors! Thanks!