Recipe by mollypaul
Cooking time approximate. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, sweetened
- candied orange peel (storebought or Candied Lemon, Orange or Grapefruit Peel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease your cookie sheets.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs stiff; add sifted ingredients.
- Beat two minutes; add vanilla.
- Drop by spoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet, two inches apart (allow 4 per sheet).
- Bake until delicately browned.
- Remove at once and roll into a cone shape.
- Turn folded side down to cool.
- Fill with lightly sweetened whipped cream and use a strip of candied orange peel for the center.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.