Recipe by LorenLou
Another delicious Southern Living recipe....
Top Review by Baby Kato
We really enjoyed the asparagus prepared this way LorenLou. Love the addition of the sugar. It gives it a slightly sweet, salty taste, yum. The asparagus were perfectly cooked. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe, it was quick and easy to make with terrifici results. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Wash, and snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a 15x10" jellyroll pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil about 4 minutes, or until skin of asparagus begins to pucker.
- Sprinkle with the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
- Serve immediately.