Another delicious Southern Living recipe....
Make and share this So Easy Roasted Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Wash, and snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a 15x10" jellyroll pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil about 4 minutes, or until skin of asparagus begins to pucker.
- Sprinkle with the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
- Serve immediately.
We really enjoyed the asparagus prepared this way LorenLou. Love the addition of the sugar. It gives it a slightly sweet, salty taste, yum. The asparagus were perfectly cooked. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe, it was quick and easy to make with terrifici results. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
This was so easy to make. We are not big asparagus eaters, so my kids each had to eat 1 spear. My husband must have really liked it because he went back for seconds and he never does that with vegies. The asparagus was perfectly cooked, not too crunchy but not mushy. Thanks so much for posting LorenLou!
This is 5 stars for ease of preparation and flavor! I loved the taste the bit of sugar added and my family ate it up. Another quick and flavorful way to get the veggies in. Thanks for posting.