Recipe by MA HIKER
My mom used to make these when I was a kid. I make them now at Christmas time. They melt in your mouth. I usually make a double or triple batch. These are heavenly and bring back wonderful memories!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and 3 tablespoons confectiner's sugar until fluffy in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir in flour gradually, then pecans until well blended.
- Chill several hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll dough, a teaspoonful at a time, into marble sized balls between palms of hands.
- Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a slow (325 degrees) oven 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets 2 - 3 minutes, remove carefully.
- Put remaining confectioner's sugar in a bowl and carefully roll still warm cookies to make a generous white coating.
- Cool completely.
- Store with waxed paper or transparent wrap between layers in container with tip fitting cover.