Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake has a chocolaty suprise in the middle of it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- Prepare and bake the cake as directed on the package.
- Allow to cool. Remove from pan. Slice a 1 inch layer off the top.
- Gently hollow out a trench about 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches deep. Tear the removed cake into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold cake pieces and 1 3/4 cups of whipped topping into pudding. Fill trench with pudding mixture. Replace top of cake. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.