Recipe by Saturn
I adopted this one from the RecipeZaar account. I have not had a chance to make this. **I am sure that you could easily substitute regular chocolate chips for the morsels. I don't think I can find morsels here so I will use normal chocolate chips when I make these... hopefully that will be soon!
Top Review by shane_marte
I did a great bunch of sticky,yummy, brownies with this recipe. I ran out of butter/margarine though so I used olive oil instead. I also threw in dry toasted,unsalted peanuts into the batter before baking. Nice! Thank you for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces Nestle Toll House holiday shapes and morsels, divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Microwave butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power 1 minute; stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar and water. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup Shapes & Morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining Shapes & Morsels.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Cut into bars.