- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 35O°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into diamond shapes if desired or garnish with melted white chocolate.