Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ever had real snow cream after fresh snowstorm? This is very popular in the southern United States. Similar to vanilla ice cream but in a drink (milkshake-like) consistency. (This recipe was developed by 11 year old Morgan, daughter of 'zaar chef JessicaLee).
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- full tray ice cube
- Pour milk into blender and add all remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until all ice chunks are gone.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- *Can also use heavy cream, evaporated milk, or half & half for creamier taste (but higher fat content).
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!! This was such a fantastic drink!! I did end up using chocolate full cream milk instead of normal milk. And I dropped a whole strawberry at the top of each glass. My "muddy" snow cream was just excellent! Thanks Morgan for such a wonderful recipe. Can't wait to try more of them :)
Morgan! This was soooooo delicious!!! Really easy to make too. I used less sugar, about 1/3 cup and then sprinkled a little nutmeg and cinnamon on the top. Now I'm waiting for more ice!.....I want another one!! Thanks for a wonderful drink.
Yum! I was skeptical at first but I love the simplicity of this! It's light and delicate and perfect for a hot day. We ate them in bowls and added some drained canned fruit to jazz it up. I added a little less sugar and put in a generous dollop of sweetened condensed milk. Will definitely be making this soon! Thanks!