Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
The delicious result of finishing an opened bag of candy! These are really kid-friendly (and adult-friendly too!), especially if you make them silver-dollar sized:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Snickers candy bars or Milky Way bar, popables (however many you'd like)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Measure the buttermilk and whole milk in a large measuring cup; add the egg and beat slightly with a fork just to break up the yolk.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated; don't worry if there are some small lumps.
- Stir in the Popables; let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease a griddle or frying pan; heat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- For each pancake, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook until tiny bubbles form at the surface and the bottoms are golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes over and brown the other side, about another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and maple or chocolate syrup.
These are really good!! Instead of Popables I cut up some Milky Way snack size candy bars. This wasn't overly sweet like I thought it would be. I am glad they weren't. They had just the right amout of sweetness. The candy bar bits melted nicley and didn't spread out and make a mess. I just put butter on mine...no syrup. Thanks for a great recipe.