Recipe by MissAli
I love the original and these are close to exact. The original recipe was from a copycat website, but I have made a few adjustments to make them closer to the real thing. You will think they are undercooked when you take them out of the over, but they aren't.
Top Review by Fatima7601
Loved it... Followed the recipe exactly as posted; the baking directions are absolutely key to the soft middle. These to me were a little better than the mall brand store because they were just the right amount of sweetness without being overly so. I'll be making this recipe many times.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars with an electric mixer on high.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Mix on high until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and let the dough rest in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- With your hands, roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press them into an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes and NO LONGER! They will seem undercooked, but will be soft and chewy in the middle once they have cooled. Don't overbake and then come to me with a bad review because they weren't delicious :).