Recipe by cooksdoitbetter
This is the first Snickerdoodle recipe I have tried that was adapted from a family cookbook, but I liked them and I hope you will too! Just give them a try...it uses mostly ingredients that you probably already have and can be easily modified to your taste, so use your imagination! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F for a non-stick cookie sheet, or 400°F for any other pan.
- Cream the butter, then add sugar and mix.
- Sift the flour,salt, and baking powder into the mixture, add egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- If you find your dough is a bit too sticky, throw it in the freezer for roughly 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape the dough into walnut size balls and roll in topping mixture.
- Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes (8 is usually enough, so keep an eye out).