1/5 Photos of Snickerdoodle Cookies - Super Easy Version
This is the first Snickerdoodle recipe I have tried that was adapted from a family cookbook, but I liked them and I hope you will too! Just give them a try...it uses mostly ingredients that you probably already have and can be easily modified to your taste, so use your imagination! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F for a non-stick cookie sheet, or 400°F for any other pan.
- 2Cream the butter, then add sugar and mix.
- 3Sift the flour,salt, and baking powder into the mixture, add egg and mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- 5If you find your dough is a bit too sticky, throw it in the freezer for roughly 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- 6Shape the dough into walnut size balls and roll in topping mixture.
- 7Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes (8 is usually enough, so keep an eye out).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodle Cookies - Super Easy Version
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g