Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Pull these out of your hat and look like a genius! Great for those last minute or SURPRISE guests! Amounts are approximate! Just put some on the plate according to the number of guests you have and the amount of ingredients you have on hand. Simple, yummy and pretty! Definitely a Southern kinda thing. We are RAISED to automatically say "Well! Look who's here! How ARE all y'all?" and then immediately ask "what would y'all like to drink" and "Y'all eat yet (or as every redneck says -jeetyet?" These are easy, simple, fast and yummy!
Top Review by PrimQuilter
Super simple to whip up for guests! I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and added dried italian seasoning and parsley. Used mini water crackers, because those are my favorite to top with goodies. Thanks mama's kitchen for another winner! Made for PAC fall 2008.
- 20 crackers, flavored are best (we like onion or garlic)
- 3 ounces cream cheese or 3 ounces cream cheese spread or 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced fine (we like chives, dill, parsley, whatever we have on hand) or 1 tablespoon dried herbs (we like chives, dill, parsley, whatever we have on hand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crackers on a pretty plate or tray.
- Mince herbs and add to cheese in a small bowl. If using regular cream cheese you can microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Mix to combine and spread on crackers or simply place the bowl in the middle of the plate, add a cheese spreader or a nice knife and allow your guests to spread their own.
- NOTES: Some onion or garlic powder is nice added to the spread, especially if your crackers are plain.
- Flavored cream cheese or goat cheese can be used. The addition of the herbs can be reduced if you like or left out all together. Fresh herbs always makes any dish extra special though!
- I like to add a sprinkle of the herbs on top to garnish! Pretty and FAST!