Recipe by PanNan
This recipe was shared by Crappito's restaurant in Houston. It's simple and delicious. Any firm fish may be used.
Top Review by Kim127
This is a new favorite of mine!! I couldn't find red snapper so I used haddock instead. I did cook the fish a little longer than stated but the fillets were a little thick. It was just perfect! The man thought the wine was a little overpowering, but this dish was right up my alley! Loved it! Thanks PanNan!
- 2 (8 ounce) filets red snapper
- 1⁄3 cup lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- flour (for dredging)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- Dredge filets in flour and saute in butter approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms and saute 3 minutes.
- Turn filets and add wine and lemon juice and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove fish to serving plates and add crab meat and saute with other ingredients just until heated.
- Spoon over fish and serve.