Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am on Nutrisystem and needed a low cal, crunchy snack for when I get the munchies or go to the movies and yearn for popcorn. I love chex mixes, but am not a huge fan of pretzels. This mix, however, can include FF pretzels if you wish...just add them in!
- 6 tablespoons light butter (I used Move Over Butter, can also use Smart Balance Light)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (use light salt if watching sodium intake)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 9 cups Crispix cereal (rice or corn chex)
- 1 cup Wheat Chex
- 1 cup ff pretzel (optional)
- Melt butter spread in a saucepan.
- Add seasonings; stir with whisk until blended and heated through.
- In large bowl, add Crispix & wheat chex together. Also add pretzels if using those.
- Very slowly dribble melted butter mix over the chex mix, stirring as you dribble. You can dribble a small amount on and the shake if you prefer. Repeat until buttery mix is gone.
- Pour mix into an oven safe pan with sides, stir well.
- Bake at 250 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes, for one hour.
- Cool, and store in air-tight container.