Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Golden rabbit covered in a tarragon sauce. Feel free to use chicken in this wonderful dish.
Top Review by Geema
The ease of preparation and the dried tarragon make this recipe very appealing. My daughter wanted to try rabbit and I chose this recipe to prepare for her, and I'm glad I did. The meat was tender and the gravy delicious with smashed potatoes and green beans. This is a good basic recipe that can be adapted to many different types of meat to make a homey supper.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) rabbits or 2 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In plastic bag combine flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Add the rabbit or chicken pieces one at a time; shake well to cover with flour.
- In large skillet, melt butter; add oil. Once oil is a frying temperature, sauté the rabbit/chicken a few at a time until browned. Add broth; cover and simmer 50-60 minutes or until tender. Remove chicken and thicken pan juices.