Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from "A Treasury of White Trash Cooking." You could probably use chicken pieces too.
- 6 doves
- 88.74 ml butter
- 19.71 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml sherry wine
- Melt butter in a skillet, brown doves in butter.
- Transfer into baking dish, breast down.
- Add flour to butter in skillet, and stir Cook flour for a minute or two.
- Add chicken broth slowly, then sherry.
- Salt and pepper sauce to taste.
- Let sauce thicken (come to a boil) Pour sauce over doves.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.