Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are tasty and very filling. Excellent for breakfast dinner or supper. I use the frozen hashbrowns as it makes it so much easier to prepare. You can save some time with the prep time by chopping ingredients up the night before. This is also very good served with salsa andor fried eggs on top. The first time I made these I placed it on a large serving platter. The second time, I served it buffet style and everyone made there own. Your plate can be prepared the way you want it this way, and seemed to work much better.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown hashbrowns till crispy.
- While hashrbrowns are browning, fry stew meat in seperate skillet, set aside.
- Saute onions and green peppers till soft.
- Add mushrooms to onions and peppers.
- Stir in stew meat with onion mixture, heat through.
- Put hashbrowns on serving plate, sprinkle with cheese.
- Place meat mixture on top.