Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty but quick and easy solution for grilled chicken. Two cheeses plus mushrooms, onions and peppers make this dish a winner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices American cheese
- Sprinkle chicken breast with Lawry's seasoning salt.
- Place on grill cook over medium heat until done.
- Cook bacon in large skillet. When bacon is done drain skillet, leaving about 1 tsp of bacon grease.
- Place skillet back on stove on low heat and saute mushrooms, onions and peppers for approx 15 minutes or until tender.
- Place cooked chicken breast on baking sheet. Cover each breast with BBQ sauce.
- Place 2-3 slices of cooked bacon on each chicken breast and cover with sauteed mushrooms, onions and pepper, a slice of mozarella cheese and a slice of American cheese.
- Place cookie sheet with chicken back on grill just long enough to melt cheese.
This was great. I used thin breast and cooked them in some of the bacon drippings in the skillet vs the grill. I used the broiler and it worked well to melt the cheese quickly. I selected this recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand with the exception of shredded mozzarella vs sliced. I used Kraft hickory bbq sauce. This was great for using up leftovers and cooking for 1-2 people. I dipped the chicken in honey mustard and it was super. Thanks for posting another great recipe.
Due to pregnancy I can't handle peppers and onions... so I left those out. I also used cheddar and mont. jack since thats what I had on hand. Wow... it was just soooo good. Thanks for sharing!
My family loved this. Thanks!