Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Especially good with smoked pork chops or a pork roast. Also wonderful for lunch with homemade corn bread fresh from the oven.
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped,core removed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- garlic, chopped to taste or 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Melt butter and bacon drippings in large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add cabbage; cook and stir over medium heat until cabbage is tender/crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Stir in soup; heat through and serve.
boy is this great if you spice it up with a dash of red wine vinegar and emeril's essence.