Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One more from the file. Cooking time is freeze time.
For marshmallow sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For chocolate sauce
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
- 6 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 large marshmallows
- 6 graham crackers, cut into triangles
- For marshmallow sauce: Stir 1/2 cup water and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until syrup is reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to very low. Add 3 cups mini-marshmallows, stir until marshmallows melt and sauce is smooth. Mix in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- For chocolate sauce: Stir chocolate, cream and butter in small saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and sauce is smooth; mix in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Sauces can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill. Rewarm over low heat before using.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl. Mix in 1 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows and broken graham cracker pieces. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Place 3 scoops of ice cream in each of 6 bowls.
- Thread large marshmallows onto 2 skewers; hold over gas flame or under broiler until browned.
- Spoon warm sauces over ice cream. Top each sundae with one toasted marshmallow and one graham cracker triangle.
this was aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwweessssssssssssssssssssssssommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! it was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!